The following letter will be going out this week to all sections asking for your views on communication. The letter includes a form to fill in and return. Alternatively, you can complete the form online by following this link
The Scout Group is keen to ensure we communicate with members and parents in a way that is convenient and effective to both them and ourselves. We are also very much aware of the volume (and accompanying cost) of letters and notifications that can often go out some weeks – and often week after week!
Going forward, we would like to begin using more of the following methods to give information, send out reminders, give members the ability to download, for example, the Group calendar or camp/outing consent forms, but also make it perhaps easier for people to contact us.
1) We are fortunate to have, courtesy of Paul Freeman our Assistant Cub Scout Leader, this website. A lot of information and reports are already being posted on the website at present and the hope is that this will become our main method of communication.
2) Parents can also sign up on the website to receive e-mail updates when new items are posted to the site.
3) The Scout Group also has a closed Facebook page which members and families can request to follow. This can be found by searching Facebook for 7th Whitburn Scouts.
Items posted on the website will automatically appear on the Facebook feed and be e-mailed to those who sign up to receive them.
4) We have a new e-mail address which can be used if parents have any queries, problems or requests. This is:
5) We also plan to have the ability to SMS parents with reminders and urgent items of information.
We appreciate that some parents may prefer to still receive paper copies from the Group and on some occasions sending out soft copies will be convenient from our point of view.
I would very much like to hear your views on what you believe is best and what parental preferences are in terms of how the Scout Group communicates with parents and members. If you would like share your views, please return the form below or completed a copy on the website, speak to me during Thursday meeting nights or contact me using the details at the top of this letter.